Saturday, June 26, 2010

Zinio - I like it.

One of the apps I decided to try out based on somebody else's recommendation was Zinio. It is a magazine reader much like iBooks is book reader. There is a fairly wide variety of magazines available, but not as complete as I would like. They do offer a few complimentary issues which allows you to check out the experience without having to subscribe to anything. The app itself is free.

I browsed through the compliementary issues and was impressed enough that I have subscribed to a two. The text clarity is excellent, images are good as well. These magazines are more than just the print version render in electronic form. The ones I have explored have embedded videos, and slide shows. It is generally an engaging reading experience.

One quibble have will point out is the app is not the most stable. I have found it to crash about every 10 to 15 minutes. Long enough between crashes to be tolerated but definitely annoying. Fortunately it does a pretty good job of saving where you left off when you restart the application.

I have not done much to explore oth magazine readers. Have you? If you have found a good one leave a comment to let us know.

No comments: