Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Flash - my verdict

Much has been written about this by others so I'll just recap my experience. Are there websites I visit that use flash as an essential part of the site's purpose? Yes. Would I like to visit them on my iPad? Yes. So, if they want me to visit, they'd better change. I think that goes for my 20-something children as well, who want to borrow my iPad rather than hauling out their laptop.

Ironically of the the sites that I really wanting to use, bad enough to go to my windows machine is the Adobe store. It is all Flash based. (and not well designed either, but that is another story). I have been unable to complete my order there, I may buckle and actually call customer service, but only because I want the product sooner rather than later. If it had been available on amazon for immediate ship, it would have been bought already, and done from my iPad.

1 comment:

Paul Lythgoe said...

It is all about attracting and keeping people on your web site. Web sites have made accommodations for different browsers and now these same web sites will have to force an open standard or support Quicktime.

Paul Lythgoe