Monday, August 02, 2010

Camera Connection Kit.

I have been giving the Camera Connection Kir for IPad a pretty food work while on the road.

So far I like the capabilities. But I do have some gripes. I am hard to please.

First, it works as expected. I am working with CF cards from my Canon. All shots are RAW. It can see the RAW images and import them, but I think it is just grabbing the embedded jpeg. I don't know for sure.

Things I would like to see improved. I'd like to be able to:
- know how much space I am using. There is an app for that but it should be native.

- create albums and place pictures in them.

- edit places.

- crop, straighten and adjust.

- import videos (avchd) - may support others, but not my cameras format.

Overall I'd like "Lightroom for iPad". That does all of this. It should work in concert with the regular Lightroom as well. For example, import embedded jpegs (or better) into iPad, classify, assign metadata, titles, create collections, etc. Then later import same images as raw from card into lightroom for the desktop and have lightroom for iPad provide an update feed.

There are apps for many of those features, but it would be nice to have it all in one app. "Lightroom of iPad"?

I also did some two image HDR processing on the ipad using TrueHDR. Very easy and good results. See here.
TrueHDR sample

No comments: