Thursday, January 18, 2007

Historical revisionism

Historical revisionism - what does this have to do with technology. Well last month I was trying to figure out how to make Sametime display my picture. I found a very informative article about exactly that process. I thank the author for publishing the information.

However I was shocked by how difficult the process is. Perhaps suitable for the corporate world, but still awfully painful - especially when you compare that process to the drag-and-drop simplicity of MSN Messenger.

I made a civil comment on the topic - it seemed that the author and his readers may very well be infleuential in improving the process. I thought I was being helpful. I kept checking back to see if anybody responded to my observation. Sure enough. Today I discovered that my comment was deleted!

Now this is not a great travesty - certainly not in the same league as what the wikipedia artcile covers. And not the first time it has been reported in the online world. New York times artciles and Whitehouse pages have suffered the same fate. But it is the first time it has happenedto me.

But this is the internet, and this blog is the solution. Now you all know that changing your display picture in sametime is very difficult - and I won't delete your comment - unless it has something to do with Russian brides ;-)

No comments: